VIP Petcare is a fast paced, innovative company looking for honest, professional team members who have a passion for pets and the people who love them. Our Community Clinics provide high value preventative and wellness pet care services including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, prescription medications, microchipping, nail trims and a wellness check commensurate withe the services administered.
We are currently looking for a Veterinarian to work FULL TIME at our Community Clinics.
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing veterinary care at our weekday and weekend Community Clinics to ensure VIP Petcare procedures are carried out in a manner that promotes VIP Petcare as a leader in providing quality affordable preventative healthcare to pet owners.
Locations include Cincinnati, Blue Ash, Batavia, Loveland, Harrison, Hamilton, Middletown, Englewood, Kettering, Beavercreek, West Chester
- Schedule: Veterinarian travels in VIP Petcare vans to host locations with a team of clinic assistants Saturday - Tuesday
- Attend monthly staff training meetings
- Mentors an effective and productive staff
- Performs medical exams and blood draws; administers vaccinations, nail trims and microchips
- Educates clients and recommends preventative care and products
- Follows up with client calls or emails in regards to their pets
- Completes medical records by adding relevant information and history into system
- Clearly understands and delivers VIP Petcare medical standards and ethical practices
- Continuously strengthens and builds the VIP Petcare brand
- Other duties or functions as requested
Education and Training:
- Licensed Veterinarian in good standing
- Health Certificate Accreditation a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Vaccine protocols, intestinal parasites prevention and Heartworm prevention, Heartworm disease in both cats and dogs, Heartworm and flea preventatives, and prescription products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills, ensuring accurate and reliable work product
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Creative, flexible and innovative thinker; management skills to mentor team members
- Must successfully pass criminal history background check and motor vehicle record check.
Environment and Physical:
- Able to lift animals and equipment of up to 150 lbs with assistance
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, kneel, sit, and crouch
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, finger-arm-hand dexterity with the ability to reach and grasp
- Salary + Bonus Potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Four paid days off for CE with a $2500 annual allowance
- Cost of renewal for license and AVMA membership
- Car Allowance, as applicable per policy
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.